Update

Well, it's been a little while since I wrote in this blog. I've been quite busy, although you might find some of the stuff that I'm doing interesting:

  • I've started a new website, tuxation.com. Well, not quite new. It was hosted on a friend's server until recently. The server was down for a few months, and now I've moved the site so that GoDaddy is hosting it. Tuxation contains Linux articles and tutorials, and (hopefully) the Linux side of this blog. I'm also working on a new layout/theme for the whole Drupal setup, complete with Google advertising and user accounts.
  • Software development has come to a screeching halt. I currently maintain a web store written in C#, as well as writing code in C for my own personal projects. The main reason I stopped programming? No hard drive space left.
  • Because I generally tend to be more productive in a Unix environment, I usually have some kind of *nix operating system installed on my hard drive. I had to redo my entire partition setup on my hard drive recently, and have been having a heck of a time finding a good *nix replacement. Previously, I used Arch Linux for most of my work, but when reinstalled again on my partition, the latest version of gcc/libgcc had some bug with building my kernel. I got ticked, tried a few other operating systems, and now I'm back in Gentoo again. It's working well so far.
  • I've finally realized that my MacBook's 60 gigabyte hard drive is a bit too small to store several operating systems and some data on top of that. So, I've purchased a 500 gigabyte 3.5" IDE hard drive and a USB/firewire hard drive enclosure from NewEgg.com.
So, expect more articles and tutorials on both this blog and on Tuxation.com, but first expect some silence while I try to catch up on everything!

0 comments:



Blogroll


DaniWeb
Bruton Garden


About


Hi there, I'm John, and I'm a blogger from Canada. I dabble with C and C++, and enjoy using a variety of operating systems. You can contact me at
john [at] tuxation.com

 

Copyright (c) 2007-2008 by John Altenmueller